PRE-STAIN WOOD CONDITIONER ~ QUART
Why do you need a pre-stain wood conditioner? Isn't that just more unnecessary work? Au Contraire, my friend. Much of the wood used for projects is "soft" wood, such as pine or spruce. Some hardwoods, such as alder or aspen, are porous and tend to absorb stain unevenly. To help ensure even stain color penetration and beautiful results, it is essential to pre-treat soft or porous woods with Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner.
Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner penetrates the grain of the wood to promote uniform acceptance of wood stain. Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner helps prevent streaking and blotching to help ensure a beautiful, even stain. It is specifically designed to condition wood before staining new, bare softwood or porous surfaces.
The result? A finish so luxurious they will think a master woodscrafter stopped by your home. It is our secret you did it yourself.
- For even stain penetration on soft woods
- Prepares wood to avoid blotching and streaking
- Wood may be stained after application soaks 5-15 minutes
- Minwax Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner is not a sanding sealer and does not require this extra step as long as the stain is applied within 2 hours after pretreatment
- Coverage: 125 sq. ft. per quart
FOR CALIFORNIA SHOPPERS
Hello Californians! Your government wants us to show you the following message:
- ⚠ WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.