ARC FAULT CIRCUIT INTERRUPTER (AFCI)
The SmartlockPro® Outlet Branch Circuit (OBC) AFCI Receptacle offers advanced technology to help protect against electrical fires resulting from arc-faults. Designed to detect a wide range of potentially hazardous arc-faults resulting from damage in branch circuit wiring as well as extensions to branches such as appliances and cord sets, the OBC AFCI responds by interrupting power. This helps reduce the likelihood of the home’s electrical system being an ignition source of a fire.
Often unseen, arc-faults can occur anywhere in the home’s electrical system including within walls, at loose electrical connections or within electrical cords accidently damaged by impinging furniture. AFCIs are now required by the National Electrical Code® in many areas of the home.
- SmartPro® outlet branch circuit AFCI
- Receptacle offer advanced technology to help protect against electrical arc-fault fires
- 15 Amp, 125 Volt receptacle, 20 Amp fee-though
- Tamper-resistant, monochromatic receptacle is back and side wired - comes with nylon wallplate, screws & self-grounding clip
FOR CALIFORNIA SHOPPERS
Hello Californians! Your government wants us to show you the following message:
- ⚠ WARNING: This product may expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive harm.