DRY CREOSOTE REMOVER
Heat-activated granules evaporate when scooped on a fire and work to remove creosote buildup from inside your chimney. As the chemicals penetrate the sticky, tar-like creosote it turns it into a loose, powdery, non-adhering ash that can easily be brushed away improving the safety and efficiency of your chimney. Weekly use will prevent further creosote from forming. Safe for use in all types of chimneys, fireplace inserts, wood stoves, airtight stoves, and free-burning fireplaces and will not harm catalytic converters.
- Makes the fire burn cleaner improving the efficiency of the woodstove or fireplace insert.
- A scoopful is applied to a good bed of coals or when preparing the fire.
- Safe to use on all types of chimneys.
- For airtight stoves & fireplace inserts
- Modifies soot/creosote deposits as they form
- Apply twice weekly for the first month then apply weekly for continuous use to help prevent buildup
- Catalytic action reduces accumulated deposits
- D.O.T. RESTRICTED: Ships via GROUND transport only. (No 2nd or 3rd day delivery options either, sorry.) *** Cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.
For maximum safety: Rutland recommends a professional chimney cleaning, thereafter pursuing a vigorous preventive maintenance program using Rutland Creosote Remover. The use of Creosote Remover does not eliminate the need for regular chimney cleaning.