This rugged but inexpensive accessory cuts straight and to the left and is capable of navigating tight curved patterns and squares in heavy 20-gauge (1.02 mm) galvanized steel. Blind cuts require only a 1/2”(12.7 mm) starting hole. Cutting applications include both ferrous and non-ferrous sheet metals, metal roofing/building panels, vinyl, steel mesh, ductwork, even the thick metal of furnace jackets, equipment enclosures or automotive body panels. An offset design keeps both hands away from work surface. Long-wearing hardened jaws are also replaceable.
The time-saving TURBOSHEAR Model No. TS1 inserts directly into the chuck of a standard 1200 rpm A/C or cordless drill. It’s that easy to convert your power drill to a power shear!
- The TS1 cuts 20-gauge (1.02 mm) galvanized steel (HVAC duct work, auto body panels), 24-gauge (.63 mm) non hardened carbon steel and stainless steel (metal roofing panels), 16-gauge (1.2 mm) aluminum (trim coil, flashing), and .050 inch (1.27 mm) copper (metal roofing, gutters).
- The TS1 metal cutting series will make clean cuts throughout the range of thicknesses of material listed above. The tool will need to be adjusted when going from very thin to thick material and vice versa.
- The clearance between the cutting jaws is adjustable in order to achieve the optimum cut for thick or thin material. To adjust, locate the 3/16” set screw on the back of the tool, towards the front of the tool near the jaws. Turn it clockwise to tighten the gap of the jaws for thinner material or counterclockwise to make the gap of the jaws larger for thicker material.
- Rugged but inexpensive accessory cuts straight & to the left to cut tight curved patterns
- Blind cuts require only a 1/2" starting hole
- For sheet metal, roofing, vinyl, ductwork, etc.
- Long-wearing hardened jaws are replaceable
EPA RESTRICTED: This product can NOT be
shipped to the following states: California [ Prop 65 ]