SILICONE II SEALANT
Caulk has to have enough time to build adhesion to the surface and cure or dry adequately so it won't wash away when exposed to water. That means if rain is in the forecast, homeowners and pros typically will have to delay or cancel a project when using most caulks. If not, the rain can wash the caulk away and the job will have to be redone. Silicone caulk, such as GE Silicone II Window & Door caulk, develops strength and adhesion quickly so it can be exposed to water in as little as 30 minutes. Some caulk requires up to 24 hours or longer before it can be exposed to water. For homeowners trying to squeeze home maintenance projects into the weekend or pros who are looking to move on to the next job, GE Silicone II caulk can decrease the waiting time, helping increase convenience, speed, and efficiency.
The outside of a home is exposed to harsh outdoor elements throughout the year. Extreme heat, the sun's UV rays, and freezing temperatures can cause acrylic caulk to lose its flexibility and degrade. GE Silicone II Window & Door caulk's permanent flexibility keeps it from breaking down so it can protect a home as it settles or as the seasons change and joints expand and contract. This movement can cause degraded acrylic caulk to crack and crumble over time, leaving gaps for air and water to seep through. Those leaks can lead to water damage, mold growth, and higher energy bills.
- Waterproof — non-silicones can break down in water over time
- Flexible — non-silicones can become less flexible and can even freeze at low temperatures, making them more likely to crack
- Shrink-proof — non-silicones can shrink as the caulk dries, which can cause cracks over time
- Crack-proof — non-silicones can harden, crack and crumble over time when exposed to extreme heat and the sun's UV rays
- 10.1 oz Tubes
D.O.T. REGULATED: Ships via GROUND transport only. (No Overnight, 2nd Day or 3rd Day Select delivery options, sorry. Also no shipping via USPS or to PO Boxes.) = Cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii =
FOR CALIFORNIA SHOPPERS
Hello Californians! Your government wants us to show you the following message:
- ⚠ WARNING: Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov. Methanol