Rubbing bricks (also called abrasive blocks) are rectangular pieces of
coarse abrasive material that are used for cleaning and smoothing hard
surfaces such as concrete, stone, and other abrasive cutting tools.
can be made of silicon carbide (Crystolon), aluminum oxide (India), or
other abrasive materials, and the surface of the brick can be either
plain (smooth) or fluted (with diagonal grooves).
The bricks can be used
in various applications as some handheld rubbing bricks come with a
handle, while other rubbing bricks can be used in concrete floor
- Hand Rubbing Brick manufactured with extra coarse silicon carbide abrasive - 20 grit
- Fluted bottom with rubber handle.
- Used by masons and stone workers for rubbing down concrete and removing mold marks.
- The diagonal flutes provide sharp edges, a clean shearing action, and carry away debris.
- The firmly attached handle reduces fatigue and facilitates overhead, wall and floor work.