Cabot Bleaching Oil #3241 is uniquely formulated to accelerate the natural weathering process of uncoated exterior wood. It contains a small amount of gray pigment and a chemical ingredient that actually bleaches the wood’s surface. When first applied, this product gives a delicate gray tone, and during the first few months’ exposure it gradually turns into a beautiful, natural driftwood gray color. This weathered effect, if derived by nature, would require many years of harsh exposure, which often turns wood dark and uneven in appearance.
Cabot Bleaching Oil produces a self- protecting finish and achieves a uniform weathered look in only 6 to 12 months. Cabot Bleaching Oil is for use on new exterior wood that has not been previously treated. It can also be applied to wood pre- viously treated with Cabot Bleaching Oil. It is an ideal finish for siding, shingles, shakes, fences, and railings and can be used on almost any type of uncoated lumber, such as cedar, fir, pine, spruce, cypress and redwood.
- Accelerate natural weathering process
- Beautify & protect wood
- Wood turns beautiful, natural silver gray
- Color changes in 6-12 months
- Uses combination of sunlight & moisture to change
- Use on siding & shingles
- COVERAGE: On smooth surfaces, approximately 400-600 square feet per gallon; on rough surfaces,
150-250 square feet per gallon. These rates will vary depending upon the porosity of the surface.
- EPA RESTRICTED: This product cannot be shipped to the following states: AK,CA, HI
- D.O.T. RESTRICTED: Ships via GROUND transport only. (No 2nd or 3rd day delivery options either, sorry.)***Cannot be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.